Ahem. So, in the weeks since my last post here, Technobabylon has been released, and we've been seeing positive reviews from players and publications/websites, so I'm very happy with that. The paranoid part of my psyche was always panicking about how people would react to it, but now we've at least got vindication for what we've made. And cash too, that's important.
So, what to make next? Good question, depends what kind of style I settle on. Lots of plans for more Technobabylon things, but of course, I'd want to make sure it was done properly - that's what kept the previous one in the production pipeline for so long. Following a trip to NYC for the game's launch party, it sounds like Wadjet Eye are interested in more of it, so who am I to disappoint people?
|Being all professional and stuff at Wadjet Eye, NYC|
So, while I'm tooting my own horn (eww, put it away, James), here's what people are saying about it so far.
- Technobabylon is a superb game... a long, detailed chunk of hefty sci-fi, with some careful character work. -Rock Paper Shotgun
- Technobabylon proves that you can teach the aging dog of cyberpunk some new tricks. -Gamespot
- [Technobabylon] is fantastic. It’s well-paced and written, with plenty of surprising twists. -PC Gamer
- A gloriously tangled web of choice, consequence, and the world left behind. -Nerdy Bits
- Its story and presentation are phenomenal, and I think it is without question one of the best games of this year. -Indiegames.com
- Technobabylon is a fun, futuristic romp that fans of cyberpunk will love.-Adventure Gamers
- A memorable adventure backed by a believable setting and driven by a strong narrative. -Hard Core Gamer
- Technobabylon is an indie Deus Ex. -Games Radar
- Those with a penchant for cyberpunk will not want to miss out on this -Read Retro
- Technobabylon does a great job of showcasing the very real hearts beating among the synthetic within its vast, cybernetic city. -Hey Poor Player
- Technobabylon is the cyberpunk adventure game you've been waiting for. -Retro Nuke
- Technobabylon already has me intrigued, with a compelling start, intelligent puzzles, and a believable world. -Game Watcher
- A bold science fiction adventure filled with genetic engineering, virtual realities, and all-seeing secret police. -Pocket Gamer
- Technobabylon is something truly wondrous. -Cubed3